How To use Tuya Manual Mode Pairing

App development related product technical discussions, including OEM App, App SDK, device control interface development, mini program development and other topics.

Blazerstrom

hello, I want to ask, how do you use manual pairing mode from tuya? because the apps that I develop want to select the device to be paired, for example there is device 1, device 2, device 3 which are detected as being in ez mode pairing mode, well I only want to pair device 1,

ZoeTuya

Re: How To use Tuya Manual Mode Pairing

EZ mode is to send broadcast packets to the devices through the router for pairing. If devices 1, 2 and 3 are in the network allocation state, they will be activated and registered after receiving the network information, and there is no way to determine which device is the one that has successfully entered the network before getting the device infomation. You can check whether the device supports ble-wifi, if it does, you can select device 1 precisely by dual-mode.

Blazerstrom

dual mode? you mean AP Mode or hotspot mode? because i am using the smart life sdk for android

ZoeTuya

WiFi devices usually support EZ mode and AP mode. EZ mode supports simultaneous pairing of multiple devices, while AP mode can only pair one device at a time. In addition, most of the Tuya WiFi devices now have Bluetooth assisted capability, i.e. the above mentioned ble-wifi multi-mode devices, which can search for the devices through Bluetooth and then match them.If you only want to pair with device 1, you can choose AP mode or Combo device pairing method, please refer to IOT platform developer's document.

Blazerstrom

so, if i want to get the list of device that is in paired mode, and i want to chose like maybe 5 of them from 20 device, i should use ap mode?

Blazerstrom

Thanks a lot ZoeTuya

ZoeTuya

Sorry, AP mode doesn't enable this process, now the only way to get the list of devices in pairing mode and select the ones you want is to use the Combo device pairing method.

Blazerstrom

oh ok, let me try combo device pairing mode first, thanks ZoeTuya

this mode right? i look it in tuya demo apps https://github.com/tuya/tuya-home-andro ... ctivity.kt